Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I'm an Aunt!


Bo Morris Bartholomew was born (finally, much to his mother's relief!) Sunday, December 30.
I went to see Bo and his parents yesterday. Everyone is well and happy.
(Okay, so I'm not an Aunt, technically, but it's the closest that I will be for a long, long time - got that, Holly?!?)
After I left the hospital yesterday, I got to thinking about how our New Year's Eve celebrations have changed over the past few years. In 2001 and 2002, Holly and I got First Night buttons and went downtown to celebrate. In 2003, Joee joined us, and we went to the Tabernacle for their free concert of all the LDS artists you could imagine. For 2004, Lee joined us at the Tabernacle. I met Lee for the first time that night, and what a test it was for him, to see if he could tolerate crazy girls singing along to every single song. He must have passed, because by 2005, he and Joee were married, and we went to the Conference Center. 2006 was spent at home (lots of snow and ice, and no show downtown). And 2007 was spent together, but in the hospital, celebrating a different kind of arrival!
Congrats, Bartholomew family!

No comments: