![]() |
| Looking toward the National Mall from Arlington House |
Things I {heart} about Washington DC:
1. I love the Metro. I like that I can take the Metro and walk pretty much everywhere I want to go. It's safe, it's clean, it's easy to figure out where you want to go.
| Luv my Metro stop! |
2. Tourists. Yes, I know that I'm one when I'm here too, but I really try to not look conspicuously like one (well, except for the camera - but even that, I don't bring all 8 zillion lenses with me). I like how parents and children are making connections over the documents, monuments, and artifacts they're seeing. I also like chuckling to myself when parents get it wrong.
| Paying my respects to President Lincoln |
3. Too much to see! Museums, monuments, exhibits, offices, restaurants x 10 million! There are so many things to do and see - how could you ever see it all?
| WWII Memorial |
4. Softball on the National Mall. I love that teams - law firms, offices, and congressional staffers - organize and play their games on the Mall. Sad to say, but watching them play is one of my favorite down-time activities when I'm done with museums and monuments.
Things that I could do without in WDC:
A. June = 8th graders on tour. Yeah. Avoid DC in June if at all possible.
| Washington Monument, the emptied-out reflecting pool, and 9 million 8th graders and their poor chaperones and tour directors... I feel their pain, but I'm glad it's not me! |
| The Capitol... and brown grass... ick... |

4 comments:
Love your pics of Washington DC. I went there once for a conference and didn't get to see the cool stuff. I'm going to have to find a way to get back. Also, thanks for visiting my blog!
I want to go there.
You are right about it all! There really is "too much to see!" And I liked watching the ball games too. It isn't that sad to say. Especially when they accidentally hit cars. :P I also agree with the icky brown grass. You would like to think that taxpayers could pay a bit more for the water bill. You really do have good ideas Chris - why don't they ever ask YOU?! ;)
I'm so jealous!
Post a Comment