Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Many Years Ago...

20 years ago...
I was 6 and in Mrs. Kofford's kindergarten class. I took piano lessons from Grandma before heading off to school in the afternoon. Kindergarten was great! Holly wasn't around yet, so I got to enjoy both parents' undivided attention at home in the evenings.


10 years ago...
16 years old, and a sophomore at good ole' WX. I had just transfered in January from Hillcrest, and didn't have a ton of friends... I guess this is when I became more of an observer-of-people, rather than a full-on participant with all these strange people. (One day in English, I was a witness to the usual insult-in-good-fun fest, and accidentally said one of my snarky comments outloud... my table-mates were shocked! I spoke!) It seems like AP tests were upon us around this time of year, and when I wasn't studying and doing homework, I was watching the Jazz in the playoffs... one of the years they went pretty far, from what I can remember.


5 years ago...
Go Utes! I was a junior at the U, and gearing up for the end of the term, only to be getting ready for summer semester, freshmen LEAP orientation, and then Disneyland when it was all over! In fall, I would begin student teaching in Centerville in 3rd grade. I also had quite a few friends coming home from missions (wow, they've been home a long time!), and missed my own meetings to be to theirs.


3 years ago...
I was finishing up my first year teaching computers in Cedar Hills, and getting ready for a repeat performance the next year (but full time! Hoorah!) I was also finishing my first year of grad school at the U, and had been, finally, officially, accepted to the program, so I could take classes in the summer (whoopee...). Joee and I were planning our fantastic China trip! Joee had been the year before, and so had a great list of things that she'd take again, and things she wished she'd taken - and so we were well packed and prepared. What a great trip - once in a lifetime for me, twice in a lifetime for Joee. It was a good last adventure (so to speak) to have together before we phased into different phases of our lives... Joee got married the next winter!


1 year ago...
A year ago this week, I was on spring break! I had my last paper to write, and could have finished it... but ended up finishing it the day it was due, and emailed it off to the professor 5 minutes before it was due - early for me! Graduation was coming up - what a relief to be done! I was also 6 weeks away from finishing my first year in 3rd grade - whew! Holly and I were also getting ready for our cross-country adventure to Palmyra, NY, to be in the Hill Cumorah pageant. What a great experience!


So far this year...
It has been fantastic to not have to run off to class and write papers and prepare for class each week. I've been able to get some crafts and scrapbooking done - and there's a lot to do! I've gotten to read books for fun (eeek!), and have a few must-see tv shows that I can watch and not feel bad about watching (because I should be doing homework instead). I've enjoyed teaching this year, and have been able to leave school at school a little more often (not all the time, but it's a marked improvement over last year).


Yesterday...

What a great day! I got to sleep in a bit before taking Holly to the train. I got ready for the day at my leisure, and then met Charlotte at Ikea for breakfast and shopping. I came home, read a paper for Lee, sent it off, and fixed lunch for Dad. I took JoAnne to Ikea to get a new chair for her new computer desk (and computer!), and we braved the snow and wind to go down to my school to work for a while. We drove down to Orem for Holly's band concert, and then went to Applebee's (with the band, but not of the band) for dinner after the concert. Mom wasn't able to come, but we texted her during dinner. We got home late, and I went to bed. Hoorah for spring break! (29 school days to go!)


Today...

Today's been great! I got to sleep in, take Holly to campus, and go shopping in the early morning before everyone gets off work! I got to make dinner (slow-cooker creamy chicken - yum), and am blogging in the middle of the afternoon! What a great spring break!

1 comment:

Ambler Fam said...

K Christine you need to post some more catch me up girl! Hope you are doing well! Tell your mommy HI!