Where did the school year go to? I know we were busy doing what we were supposed to be doing for the past 176 days... but really, where did it all go? The year really went by quickly, especially the last 5 weeks after our spring break (the last time I found the time to blog!).We've had a lovely time at school since testing. We dissected owl pellets (a very cool kind of gross...), have been working on scrapbooking our yearbooks (it's fun to see how creative the kids are... I'd bet many of my kids have moms who don't let their kids do their own scrapping, and the kids have done pretty nice jobs of their pages. Plus, I get to release some of my excess paper for the project - yay!), and have listened to the first Harry Potter book on CD (they like listening and have to stay pretty quiet to listen well - a bonus!)
I'm also busy packing up my room for my move down the hall to the fifth grade! I've known for a while, but didn't want to say anything until the end of the year, mostly for my own mindset - I needed to get through with the year with these kids at the forefront of my mind, not what I'll be doing in the fall. I haven't told my kids yet... so we'll see what they say this week when I do tell them. They might not care so much... but then once the rumors spread throughout the 3rd grade and the school, well, someone might care then. Hee hee. It'll be sad in some ways to leave 3rd grade. My team was great - Liz, Charlotte, Bobbi, and Ryan. Liz and Charlotte are staying, Ryan's moving up the 5th grade, and Bobbi is leaving to teach 6th grade at another school. I've spent a lot of time working on things for 3rd grade. But I am excited for the challenge of new curriculum and using the technology they got from a grant last year - laptops, a projector, digital cameras, document handlers... right up my alley! Well... more next week when I am less pressed for time - yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment