Yes, I am a dope. Yes, I know the difference between onions and my finger. Yes, I realize care should be taken when slicing food. And yet I managed to cut deep enough into my finger to end up needing stitches. Duh...
So. We were all helping cook and fixing fixin's for hamburgers for Mother's Day dinner. I was slicing onions, and sliced into my finger as well. It started gushing blood, so I took myself to the sink to take care of myself. It didn't really hurt, just was very inconvenient. I got a paper towel on the wound to stop the bleeding - hoping to see that it wasn't a deep wound after all. Mom and Holly finished making dinner, and I sat down to recover. After eating (a girl's got to have priorities, right?) it was determined that my lovely cut was deep enough to warrant a visit to the doctor, so off I went, taking Holly with me.

The Jazz game was on at the Instacare where I went, which provided some entertainment for Holly while I waited. Turns out that a Jazz player got stitches during the game as well - what a great connection between the two of us - ah! I had a cute nurse check me in, and a nice doctor to stitch me up. The stitches didn't hurt - I was even able to watch - but the tetanus shot was a killer! The Jazz game had 4 more seconds when I was finally done (we got there at the beginning of the 2nd quarter, I went back in the middle of halftime), and it was tied up, so we watched the last 4 seconds of regulation, and sped home to watch the Jazz beat the Lakers in overtime.
My kids at school were pretty awed at my large finger dressing. When I could take it off and sport just a bandaid and neosporin, we looked at it through the ProScope - very cool stuff.
I went back this last week to have them take my stitches out (I probably could have done it, but ew... I didn't really want to...). The same cute nurse who checked me in last time checked me in again, and took the stitches out. He remembered me being there to have them in. He did a fine job taking them out (really, I guess I could have done it... but again, ew...). He was worth going back anyway. Hee hee.
No comments:
Post a Comment