8 Things I'm Passionate About:
1. My family
2. The gospel
3. Teaching school
4. Scrapbooking
5. Crocheting
6. Blogging
7. Leaving school on time (do I make it? not usually... but sometimes...!)
8. The Utes, baby!
8 Books I've Read and Enjoyed Recently:
1. Candy Shop Wars (still reading it to my students... we've been working on it for a long time, but well worth it!)
2. Ranger's Apprentice series
3. The Last Lecture
4. No Talking
5. The Calder Game
6. Freshman for President
7. Bend in the Road
8. Hacking Harvard
8 Words or Phrases I Say:
1. "I need your attention in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1..." (said to my students... often!)
2. "Let's line up for _____!" (fill in the blank: library, PE, computers, art, music, the assembly, dance practice, or my favorites - lunch and recess!)
3. "D'ya know what I mean?" (well, do ya?)
4. "Huh?" (lots of intonations and meanings to this one)
5. "Oh my heck!" (cut me some slack, I am from Utah, after all!)
6. "Umm..."
7. "Are you kidding me?"
8. "Uh-huh..."
8 Things I Want To Do Before I Die:
1. Visit all 50 states (19 to go!)
2. Visit all 7 continents (4 left!)
3. Buy a house
4. Learn how to drive a stick shift
5. Go to Euro Disney
6. Teach in China for a year
7. Retire from teaching (another 40 years to go? yikes!)
8. Have season tickets to the Jazz
8 Things I Have Learned (Or Remembered Again) This Past Year:
1. I love the Hill Cumorah Pageant!
2. It's 6000 kilometers from the surface of the earth to the center
3. I love prepping to teach and teaching itself (it's the grading of papers that I get bogged down in...)
4. How to crochet... I find it much more enjoyable now than I used to
5. A group of turkeys is called a 'rafter'
6. I love my Cricut!
7. Putting my money in the stock market is equivalent to taking it to Vegas, but a lot less fun...
8. Kids are smart
8 TV Shows I Enjoy:
1. American Idol
2. Ugly Betty
3. CSI
4. Psych
5. Ace of Cakes
6. Jazz games
7. Knit & Crochet Today
8. The Sugar Bowl!
8 Games I Like to Play:
1. Apples to Apples
2. Bananagrams
3. Basketball
4. Volleyball
5. Skip-Bo
6. Phase 10
7. Screwy Louie
8. Dating games (hah!)
8 Things That Happened Yesterday:
1. I went to school
2. I had "Popular" and "Hope of America" stuck on my head - what a combination!
3. Rain - but not enough to have inside recess! Hoorah for clean air and the out-of-doors!
4. Driving in the fog - where's my nose?
5. I used my gift card to Cabella's (and got new slippers and shoes!)
6. I watched a movie
7. I worked on my crocheting 'homework'
8. I got lots of sleep!
Your turn!
1 comment:
I love these posts because I find out stuff I didn't know before. I also love Psych. Not a lot of people have watched it before. One of my new favorite books is the "Last Lecture". It was amazing! I also can't believe you've been to four continents. I am envious.
Post a Comment