Monday, March 8, 2010

Looking forward to...

I've decided that I really, really enjoy having things to look forward to. The anticipation is almost as good as the event itself. So here's what I'm looking forward to in March:

March 5 - no school - Over already, it's true - but exciting nonetheless. And I did look forward to it. A lot!

March 10 - Relief Society birthday party - I'm in charge, and it will be great to have this event done and over with. Maybe I should say that I'm looking forward to the 11th...

March 19-21 - Holly's Spring Break - in Vegas! I'm taking Friday off and we're going to head down for the weekend. Woo! Vegas is getting to be a semi-annual event with us - we went down last spring break and last fall break. We enjoy doing our 'usual' stuff, but are looking for new things to do and see and eat when we're there - so if you have any favorites, let me know. (the cheaper and freer the better!)

March 24 - New Moon wood class - Yes, I'm one of those people who likes Twilight. Sigh. I am also one of those people who like crafts. Double sigh. So combine the two, and you get this class. I need this decoration like a hole in the head, but I need something to do - and this is a something to do that is fun and relaxing to me - and something to look forward to!

March 27 - Scrapping - A friend on my block and in my ward works at Hale Center Theater, and once a month reserves a room for her friends to come and scrap. It's great to get away for the day and focus on some catch-up scrapping! It's amazing how a common hobby links people. I don't know any of the women there except my neighbor, but always find myself interested and involved in the conversation and feel quite welcome there.

March 31 - Michael Buble concert - We got tickets in December. It seemed like such a long time away, but now we're only 3 weeks out! This one event has been so helpful in getting all of us through the winter, knowing that Michael was on the other side of it. I've been practicing my songs, and am so ready for him to call me up on stage!

And a beginning of April event...
Spring Break - My mom and I have the same week off this year, which is fantastic! Usually we're a week off one another. Since Holly still has school, we're not doing anything big, but we are planning some day trips to Lehman Caves, Maddox's in Brigham City, and Park City. And of course, plenty of sewing, crafting, and movie and tv show marathons. I'm also excited to get to watch General Conference and work on my conference project, rather than have school thoughts on my mind.

And don't forget...
Great movie-DVD releases: New Moon, Princess & the Frog, Blind Side
2 trimesters of school down, 1 to go: yeah!
March Madness, baby! Too bad the Utes won't go dancing... oh well...
Spring - woo! Getting out patio furniture, getting the garden ready, mowing the lawn (ick, it's okay the first few times, after that, I'm done for the summer), being outside!
Dancing with the Stars starts: yesssss...


I've not really been a person to say "I'll be happy when ___", but I have found myself wishing my school year away this year. It's been a rough year, with stress and worry at home, and with a stress-inducing class, my energy is sapped. I know that if I'm not happy during a school year, it won't make me a happy person without school - but it surely will help my own morale a lot this year. So - here's to 54 FANTASTIC school days - and 54 days to happiness!

4 comments:

Rochelle Brunson said...

Nice list! I wish I had so many things to look forward to. I need to catch up on my scrapping too!!

The Leonard Family said...

Hope you don't mind I found your blog on Chelle's list :)

Love your list to look forward to! Reminded me of a couple that I should be happy about...but you still have more :) Have fun & Enjoy!

Holly E. Ferrin said...

I can't wait!!! Vegas, New Moon, Michael, and Movies!!! WOOT! Can't you tell I am excited?!?!

O.o

Rachel Banks said...

Good thing you have so much to look forward too! Wow!