Friday, April 9, 2010

March Report

Ah! I did so many great things in March, just like I said I would (mostly). Here's the report:

March 10 - Relief Society birthday party - It went pretty well. We had a party with "purse-onality" - so people were supposed to bring their purses, then we played some fun games. I had planned for 100 people to come eat dinner - and only 50 came. So in some ways I felt pretty good that about half the food got eaten. In other ways, I'm sad that only half the food got eaten!

March 19-21 - Holly's Spring Break - in Vegas! We had a great time! We stuck mostly to tradition (Cheesecake Factory, Bellagio atrium, Coke store, etc...) but did a few new things as well, such as eating at the Hard Rock Cafe, Fremont Street, and the Miracle Mile Mall. We also went to see Frankie Moreno - who looks exactly the same as when Joee and I saw him 5 years ago (yikes!). Apparently his show is a magnet for bad drunk dancing, and so very instructive to Holly as to why you shouldn't drink, and definitely why you shouldn't drink in public.

March 24 - New Moon wood class - Holly and I took the class, and it was fun. I didn't quite finish... and guess what, it's still not finished... but almost!

March 27 - Scrapping - Pretty much a no-go. No one came - everyone was at the Expo! But it did give me a quick chance to get my pictures sorted through so I could work on them later.

March 31 - Michael Buble concert - FANTASTIC! Holy cow! This deserves its own post - so it'll get one soon!

And a beginning of April event...
Spring Break - My mom and I have the same week off this year, which is fantastic! Usually we're a week off one another. Since Holly still has school, we're not doing anything big. Of course though, plenty of sewing, crafting, and movie and tv show marathons. I'm also excited to get to watch General Conference and work on my conference project, rather than have school thoughts on my mind.

No comments: