Sunday, January 16, 2011

Things I'd do if I had a week (or two) off from life...

1.  Sleep in.  I love sleeping.  I definitely don't get enough of it during a regular work week.  So, given a week off from life, I'd sleep in - just enough, not too much.  I hate the groggy feeling of sleeping too much - but sleeping until 7 or 8 o'clock would do me wonders.

2.  Organize.  I'm not organized by nature, I really have to work for what organization I have in my life as it is.  I have great organizational plans for my stuff, which would hopefully clear up some time in my regular life to do other things.  When I do get the organizational bug, I've just got to go until I'm finished.  And that, my friends, may take me a week, or more...

3.  Scrapbook.  After my organizing, I know that I'll be able to find all my paper, stickers, and other embellishments that I bought to use for certain events or layouts, and so I'd be able to get right down to the work of scrapbooking.  One of my best times scrapbooking was when I was a freshman in college, and it was my spring break.  I'd been to Europe the previous summer, and had pictures burning holes in their envelopes.  Early on Monday morning, I asked my dad to take me around to several scrapbook stores (remember Mac's?  I miss that place!), and got card stock, page protectors, stickers, and gel pens.  I spent the entire week scrapping all my pictures from that great European adventure.  It was one of my first ventures scrapbooking something on my own (my mom, sister and I usually scrapped together), and it was great!  Looking at that book now, it has very little in terms of style, layout, color scheme, and a lot of other things... but - it is done, and I love looking at it, and remembering the good time I had in Europe and scrapping that album.

4.  Read.  I've set a goal to read all the Utah Beehive book award nominees by the time they choose the winners in April.  I've done pretty good so far, but I'm not sure that I can keep up the pace.  (Thankfully, many of the books are picture books - woo!)  Plus, my students at school are involved in the 5h Grade Super Bowl of Reading, and have set goals to read 500 pages or more by the date of the actual football Super Bowl, so they have given me many recommendations.  One of my favorite things to do on a Saturday morning after I have slept in, is to lay in bed and read.  Sounds lovely.

5.  Craft.  Crochet, needlepoint, card making, slapping some paint on wood blocks and adding a little modge podge and paper.  Whatever.  I have so many projects to do.  I wouldn't need to leave my house for months, and I'd still have plenty to do.



Well, one of these days I'll get around to these great events.  Maybe.  More likely, I'll get to a few things at a time during the course of my regular life.  But, just in case a week frees up, you know where I'll be.

3 comments:

Rochelle Brunson said...

Dude, I'm sorry we didn't keep in better touch over the years, because everything in this post would totally be on my list too. We should be best friends still, like in third grade.

ps. I miss Mac's too!

Colleen, Mike, Abbie and Aimee said...

I would do the exact same things! Great minds think alike!

AJ said...

You and I have the same list... (Ah, one day!!!) for a few hours I only have one child... and look at how much reading I am getting done!