Monday, October 10, 2011

still here

yeah.

haven't blogged for a while.

i'm sure a lot of really great things have happened...

school... 33 5th graders... who are actually really quite great...  just time-consuming...

40 books for the school year... most my kids are keeping up... me not so much... this is week 8... and at one a week i am about 3 weeks behind... but i have some really great books lined up...  the new ranger's apprentice books for example...

math class... reading that i skim... lesson plans to re-write... but a lovely wednesday evening that passes by fairly quickly... and the best part is that i can come to school the next day with new ideas for discussion in math.

history class... even more reading that i just barely skim... does anyone get through it all?.. doubt it!... but good knowledge... and my favorite for dinner - golden corral... ick...

crochet class... really great students that don't need lots of help so i can stitch too... coming up with projects that will work is a little challenging... but good...

the utes... started out the season great... and now i have no idea what happened to them... except to say that they could give me a scholarship to fumble 10 times in the last two games... it's probably a good thing that the most important game of the year was early on, and they played a lot better than they really are, and the cougs played a lot worse than they really are...

general conference... was good... lots of things i need to work on... but i have apparently a lot of time to do that now... and not just to 2012 like all my great students say every time someone reports a new volcano or earthquake in the world...  but i probably should be telling you this in person instead of sending it into the great cyber void...

so yeah.

see you in a few weeks... or months... or whatever...

3 comments:

Rochelle Brunson said...

crochet class sounds fun! I want to take one of those. If I still lived in Utah I could take yours, that would be cool.

Christine said...

That would be so fun! I think it'd be fun to live near one of those stores that have crocheting and knitting groups to just sit and stitch. Maybe I do and don't know about it? I think I may put patterns and pictures here from class when it's done.

Canda said...

Hey Christine, you won the prize package on my blog. How do you want me to get it to you. You can email me your address to candamortensen at yahoo dot com .