
We had our sacrament meeting today where people get to share what their favorite hymn is and why, and then we sing a verse of it. What a great meeting! I didn't go up, but here were some of my favorite hymn options (just in case!):
- High on the Mountain Top - #5 - 'The Mountain' meaning Ensign Peak in the Salt Lake Valley, but try singing it at Hill Cumorah and you may change your mind about which mountain (or hill) it's talking about!
- We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet - #19 -
- Joseph Smith's First Prayer - #26 - I have always loved 'Brother Joseph', but being in the pageant renewed and reaffirmed my testimony in him and his part in the restoration of the Gospel.
- Praise to the Man - #27 -
- A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief - #29 - My favorite singer of this song was Scott Morgan... I will never tire of the 'Scott and Tammy show' at church!
- God of our Fathers - #78 - because I love the fanfare
- How Firm a Foundation - #85 -
- Come, Follow Me - #116 - Among one of the first hymns I learned to play on the piano
- I Know that My Redeemer Lives - #136 -
- God Be With You Till We Meet Again - #152 - My Mom's favorite hymn, and the very first one I learned to play on the piano, just for her! We also sang it as the last song in our last sacrament meeting at the pageant... I was just fine until we sang that song! (Then, let the waterworks begin!) We also sang it by coincidence (or some higher power) when Holly and I spoke in our sacrament meeting reporting on our pageant experience (again, I was just fine until then!).
- Because I Have Been Given Much - #219 - A wonderful reminder of how much I have been given and what I need to do with what I have
- Put Your Shoulder to the Wheel - #252 - Get back to work!
- Each Life that Touches Ours for Good - #293 -
- As Sisters in Zion - #309 - My love for this hymn began at EFY when we learned the medly with this hymn, the YW theme, and We'll Bring the World His Truth.
No comments:
Post a Comment