Saturday, September 20, 2008

Expo and more!

Friday, Joee and I went to the Scrapbook Expo. It usually is fantastic - lots of vendors, lots of deals, lots of old product on sale for cheap, some new product that you have to get. Not so much the last few times we've gone. There wasn't a lot that. I only spent $30 - which included the cost of getting in! I had a few things on my mind of what I'd like to get - but nothing was quite inexpensive enough that I couldn't wait for later. I had thought about getting a Cricut finally - something I've been wanting to get for a long time - but never have. If they were a low enough price, I thought I'd get one... Roberts had them, and they were on sale, but still a little more than I thought they'd be.

Joee and I left, and I met my mom, Holly, and JoAnne at Michael's. (We're all taking a community school class - crocheting - and they were getting our yarn and hooks there.) I looked at their Cricut stuff... and kept thinking about it through dinner. After talking about it with my dining partners, I decided that I'd go back and get one. I have saved a bit of money, and have wanted one for a long time... and I went back to the Expo and got one!

Today was spent trying it out and getting a few cartridges (thank goodness for Michael's where they were on sale!). It is so great! Holly thinks I sound like I've heard the infomercial a few too many times - but it really is that fantastic! I think Joee was a little surprised that I went back to get one (I'd told her my original price limit) - but I am positive that she'll benefit from it - not only will she get fantastic cards from me, but I'm thinking that it'll be a vital tool the next time we get together to scrap.

I've got to get back to the Cricut - there's so much paper to cut and so little time!

No comments: