Today's Holly's 20th birthday! Here's a list of 20
things I know about her, memories I have of her, and things I like about her!
- Hill Cumorah Pageant - twice! It was great to get to be in the Pageant with someone you know (like your sister!). I don't know that I would have been brave enough to go by myself (especially the first time), but together we can do great things!
- I like how people tell us how much we look like sisters... and while that is totally true that we are sisters, we really shouldn't look like it.
- She lets me boss her around! During
our trips back to the Pageant, I called a lot of the shots. I often decided where to stay, where to eat, what route to take, and what to see when we got there. Lots of these decisions were based on our budget. With very few exceptions, she accepted these decisions and didn't whine... too much anyway...
- She plays for the UVU pep band - go Wolverines!
- Movie and song lines... Christmas Vacation, While You were Sleeping, Miley Cyrus, and more... she knows her lines!
- She can be terribly silly and punny!
- She loves listening to music - she's burned through several iPods and earbuds... time to get a warranty on these things!
- She's a great texter - even when you're sitting right beside her!
- She actually likes working in the nursery at church - she's great with the kids!
- She also actually likes going to work. I'm so glad - not everyone can say they're happy to go to work! She is good with her customers, and is good at helping people figure out how much fabric they need. Her only mistakes in cutting are when she's cutting for me, and she knows I'll buy her mistake cut and what I need, too!
- Facebook is her friend!
- She's a pretty good and creative cook.
- She's not scared to talk to people or to go to new places. We went to the Deaf expo last fall, and she totally embraced signing and talking to people. We went to Galudet U in DC this summer, and wasn't intimidated at all. She talked to tons of people at the Pageant - both cast members and audience members.
- We went to see the movie Charly when it first came out. There were only about 6 other people in the theater (and senior citizens at that). We bawled and bawled, and those 6 looked at us like we were crazy...
- No tocas!
- Once a Wildcat, always a Wildcat!
- She's totally in love with the Jo Bros!
- Have a HOLLY jolly Christmas! Happy HOLLYdays! Pine cones and HOLLY berries!
- She feeds the 'backyardigan' - if only she weren't so stingy with the cans!
- Who's got what it takes to make meatloaf?!
2 comments:
Awww, thanks Chrissi! Such an awesome post. You are my favorite sister, my only sister and my bestest friend!
Nice tribute to your sissy! That is a fun idea!
Post a Comment