My friend and co-worker, Liz, often joked about her "domestic portfolio" - documentation of her attempts and successes at being domestic. What a great thing to show a suitor and his family! She is a great cook - her leftovers that became lunches looked and smelled yummy - so her hypothetical portfolio was focused there. I don't quite have that kind of domestic skill... I can cook, but it's not very creative, and while edible, there is much room for improvement.
This fall, my mom has been enjoying her new knee, and has been excited to work on her 'retirement projects'. She's set her mind on not ever retiring, and so needs to have good reasons to finish school work at school, and come home in time to enjoy life away from school. If my mom's not ever going to retire, I certainly won't ever retire (at least my parents will get some social security... I'll never see social security, and am gambling away my own funds in the crazy stock market!), and so am working on developing my own retirement projects - perfect projects for a domestic portfolio!
My domestic portfolio will be right here - just a mouse click away to show to potential in-laws and their sons! What a great thing to show parents that I have the skills to take care of their son and grandchildren! (and grandpuppies and grandkitties too)
Watch for entries in my portfolio soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment