Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight!

I took the day off today to see the Twilight movie! It was about a year ago that I finished reading all the books over Thanksgiving weekend (Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse). I made shirts for several *lucky* people - Holly, Joee, Charlotte, JoAnne, and me - so that we could be part of the craze. And crazy it was!


I enjoyed the movie! It was pretty well done. It stuck to the story line mostly, and the characters mostly matched my imaginings of them, probably mostly due to the fact that the film was cast soon after I read the books. There were a few places where I disagreed with the movie, of course, but it was done fairly well. I loved that the crowd was into the show (even the few guys that were there), and I even liked when a few of the more serious moments in the movie were kind of humorous, just because we all knew what the characters were doing, or what was coming next.

What I didn't enjoy at all was that Joee didn't get to watch from the baseball game to the end... Bo was making some noises, and people were rude and they ended up in the hall. He really wasn't that noisy (the movie was loud at this point), and he wasn't the only baby in the theater, and definitely not the noisiest person there (women swooning all the time!). Duh, rude people!

Can't wait for the next one! :)

1 comment:

RWarr said...

I just saw it last weekend. I think there is a definite difference in the type of crowd who sees it on the first day, and the type that sees it on a Sunday afternoon two a month later. The crowd was less swooning and more laughing - which was good for me.