Happy Birthday, Grandma!
If she were alive, she'd be 100 years young today!
Pictures to come later... (she passed away before my digital camera days, I'm working on getting some scanned...)
Some memories I shared with Grandma:
Grandma's School - reading, writing, math, piano, drawing, cooking, dancing, playing - everything!
Piano lessons - I was not the concert master that Grandma thought I could have been... but it was a great experience learning to play the piano and organ with Grandma as my teacher. She was a wonderful teacher - even if I wasn't a wonderful student.
"Continually strive ahead, even when you are as old as I am." Said by Grandma at age 89. I interviewed Grandma for a school assignment, and this was the advice she had to give my class. Continually strive ahead she did! She loved learning new things, reading, listening to books, visiting teaching, and going places.
Paying for college... one quarter at a time... Grandma's weekly hair-do cost whatever dollar amount, plus 75 cents. She paid cash, and gave me the quarter every week for a while.
Happy Day, Grandma! We miss you!
No comments:
Post a Comment