Monday April 13
Monday was mostly a travel day. I got to the airport super-early... not entirely by choice... it was when my ride left for work! (Thanks, Mom!) I got through security (I'm getting to be quite the airport-security pro) and went to the gate... and sat... and waited... and listened to my iPod... and read some of my book... and plugged in my phone... and sat... and waited. Okay, it wasn't that long before someone else from the group came around. But it was a while!
Everyone arrived (though the person in charge was one of the last people to the gate - yikes!) and we all got boarded. The flight was fine... I slept, read, and listened to music. I got a window seat, which was lovely. Our group of 35 teachers all sat together in two blocks of seats, each 3 rows, so that was kind of fun to be all together. Not that many people noticed... the teacher sitting next to me asked me when we got to Boston where I was from, Utah or Massachusetts. I hope that I made him feel bad when I said that I was with him and all the others. (Really? We've been going to class together once a month for the school year... True, I didn't know everyone's names, but at least I recognized people... urgh!)
We shuffled ourselves off the plane, grabbed our luggage, and got the shuttle to our hotel, Embassy Suites, right by the airport. We took a few minutes to get settled (I lost the sofa-bed game) and then headed out to the T - Boston's metro system. We looked quite the sight, I'm sure - very touristy, bags, money and camera flying everywhere, on all 35 of us. We finally got our week-long passes (7 days for $15 - what a deal!) and got on the train.
I went with a group going to the Italian quarter for dinner. Five of us ended up at a great Italian place, owned and operated by real Italians! The food was great, our waiter was cute (and Italian, of course), and we had a good time. Yum-o! We headed back to Quincy Marketplace to do some window shopping... and real shopping too! There were some stores in the Quincy Marketplace building we looked in, and later, we went to some stores around the marketplace. We caught the T and headed back to the hotel. Woo-hoo for day 1!
Monday was mostly a travel day. I got to the airport super-early... not entirely by choice... it was when my ride left for work! (Thanks, Mom!) I got through security (I'm getting to be quite the airport-security pro) and went to the gate... and sat... and waited... and listened to my iPod... and read some of my book... and plugged in my phone... and sat... and waited. Okay, it wasn't that long before someone else from the group came around. But it was a while!
Everyone arrived (though the person in charge was one of the last people to the gate - yikes!) and we all got boarded. The flight was fine... I slept, read, and listened to music. I got a window seat, which was lovely. Our group of 35 teachers all sat together in two blocks of seats, each 3 rows, so that was kind of fun to be all together. Not that many people noticed... the teacher sitting next to me asked me when we got to Boston where I was from, Utah or Massachusetts. I hope that I made him feel bad when I said that I was with him and all the others. (Really? We've been going to class together once a month for the school year... True, I didn't know everyone's names, but at least I recognized people... urgh!)
We shuffled ourselves off the plane, grabbed our luggage, and got the shuttle to our hotel, Embassy Suites, right by the airport. We took a few minutes to get settled (I lost the sofa-bed game) and then headed out to the T - Boston's metro system. We looked quite the sight, I'm sure - very touristy, bags, money and camera flying everywhere, on all 35 of us. We finally got our week-long passes (7 days for $15 - what a deal!) and got on the train.
I went with a group going to the Italian quarter for dinner. Five of us ended up at a great Italian place, owned and operated by real Italians! The food was great, our waiter was cute (and Italian, of course), and we had a good time. Yum-o! We headed back to Quincy Marketplace to do some window shopping... and real shopping too! There were some stores in the Quincy Marketplace building we looked in, and later, we went to some stores around the marketplace. We caught the T and headed back to the hotel. Woo-hoo for day 1!
Old State House
Cheers - where everybody knows your name. I should have gone on this trip with those guys!
2 comments:
Oh I am so jealous!!
Boston is for real my favorite city. I hope you blog all about it. I'm jealous too.
Post a Comment