Sunday, October 18, 2009

A True Blue Tale...

Holly and I went to Vegas this weekend to go to the Utah/UNLV game. More on that later... However, here's the story of the weekend:

The scene: A downward-heading elevator at the Excalibur. Holly and I had just returned to our hotel room to change into our U shirts (more on that later), and were heading back down to the strip. There are 4 college-age boys in the elevator. Just one talked to us... the others tried not to laugh.

cab (college-age boy): Oh, hey, you guys bleed red, huh? I bleed blue.
me: Oh, that's too bad.
(awkward pause, other cabs trying not to laugh)
me: So, you should have been down here last week for the game.
cab: Uh, yeah, I had midterms last week.
me: So?
cab: I didn't pass as it was.
me: Well, then, you could have come and the outcome would have been the same!
cab: Yeah, ha ha...
cab: So, who do you guys play this week, anyway?
(Holly and I exchange a look - really, is this what he's asking? The city is crawling with Utes! Where has he been all morning?)
me: UNLV...
cab: Oh. OH...
(other cabs trying not to laugh.)
Elevator door opens, and we all exit and go our separate ways.

Whew.
No wonder he failed his midterms!
Go Utes!

2 comments:

AJ said...

LOL!!! he is a blue fan, no wonder...

Holly E. Ferrin said...

That was so awesome!!!


"Oh... OH!!!"

HA HA HA