Introduce yourself, using one true detail and one untrue detail about you or your life. As you write, try to make both the true and untrue details sound equally believable.
Two things that you probably don't know about me:
1. I love water slides. I can't wait for summer for all of them to open - Classic, Cherry Hill, Cowabunga Bay, Lagoona Beach - love them!
2. I love crocheting. Chains, single crochet, patterns, special stitches, complex patterns or easy repeats - love it!
Take the untrue detail you wrote about and elaborate. Expand. Fill in the details.
When I was younger, much younger (7-8 years old, I think), I spent nearly every day of two summers at Classic Skating and Water Slides. I would skate for a while, because my mom made me. She enjoyed the air conditioning and seating inside the rink. She always brought things to do, and needed the table-bench combo to do it. But what I really wanted to do was go down the water slides. Skating was the fastest way to get to water slide - much faster than arguing. So, skate for a short time - then out to the water slides! I loved getting my little blue mat, climbing the slippery hill, carefully selecting my slide (the Octopus was my favorite), settling in on my mat, and waiting for the life guard to give the go ahead. Then - zoom - off I went, through turns and tunnels and corners. The best part, of course, is the straight-away leading up to the splash-down. Splash - swim - climb out - and repeat. My mom always made me hit her up for sun screen after every two runs down the slide - one, so that I wouldn't get too crispy, and two, so that she could keep track of my safety. What a great few summers!
Take the true detail you wrote about, and turn it into fiction. Add details that are false.
I first learned how to crochet at the Hill Cumorah a few summers ago. I had a part that gave me lots and lots of free time. One of my leaders had a few extra hooks and yarn and taught me how during all my down time. I started with chains, and moved on to single, double, and half-double crochets by the end of pageant. I still have my samples and pot holders I made those first few weeks of my crocheting life. Good thing there was a Wal-Mart near by with a plentiful supply of hooks and yarn.
1 comment:
So am I supposed to guess which one is untrue? I'm going to guess the water slides, since there is so much detail.....also because I hate water slides so I have a hard time imagining other people enjoy them that much.....am I right?
Post a Comment