"Life is a highway, and I wanna ride it all day long!"
We got an early start to the day after getting some last-minute things taken care of at home. We waved good-bye to Mom, Dad, Regina (Tubby wasn't around; we said our good-byes yesterday), and Jean (who was walking to church), and then we were off.
Our first stop came pretty early - Hart's at 7200 South! We topped off the gas tank and were on our way once again. It was a great day to drive - clear skies, no wind, light traffic.
We stopped at Little America for our 50 cent ice cream cones. What a prime location for them - in the middle of nothing, just when you're ready for a break! We took a few moments to walk around and enjoy the day, and then headed on down the road.
Shortly after leaving Little America, I witnessed a tragic event, which I'm sure will alter the course of my life forever. A prairie dog ran out to the middle of the road in front of us. The car in front of me moved toward the middle so that the prairie dog was under the car. I moved toward the right so that I missed him entirely. The semi behind us, however, was not so quick to respond to the whims of a prairie dog... and I was watching from my rear-view window. All (prairie) dogs go to heaven!
We stopped for the night in North Platte, Nebraska. We did that on purpose... just a little bit farther down the road than Cheyenne, and on the other side of the mountain/central time zone.
Here's some pictures from the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment