Sunday, June 15, 2008

Orem Daze

After cake decorating, Joee and I put our cakes in her car, and ran down the street to where Lee and Bo were waiting for us and waiting for the Orem Days parade to start! We watched the parade (okay as parades go... I love the Midvale Days parade because I know everyone... maybe if I knew everyone in Orem it would have been more fun!), then went to the park for food! Yum! What huge lines! But well worth the wait! We ate, and looked at the booths really quick (David Archuleta earrings!?!). We walked down the street for the fireworks. A pretty good show! A better show was the side show - there was a lot of fall-out from the fireworks that was falling into the street and on people... I had a big chunk of firework shell land in my lap! The kids loved chasing the chunks that were still flaming. No one in charge (i.e., firemen and policemen!) seemed too concerned... A good time had by all! Thanks, Bartholomews for a fun night!

No comments: